And now for the Michigan edition of my summer fun. We hung out at Grandma Mary's house for a few days while we waited for my dad to arrive (he had stayed in Boston to work a few days). It was really hot and muggy when we first arrived. Ice Cream in my pajamas? Don't mind if I do!
Once my dad got into town we drove up north to Glen Lake. That place is also super cool and awesome. There is a lot of fun stuff to do. Kayaking for example is an exciting way to pass the time.
Paddle-boarding is a new sport I'd never tried before. It was interesting! I know I'm soaking wet in this photo. I can't recall if I had fallen out of the kayak or off the paddle board. Anyway, who cares if I swim in my clothes?
Grandpa Chip found a waterproof case for his digital camera so we got to play around with that. Look at me! I'm a fish!
Another cool thing I got to do... go sailing with Aunt Anne. My mom gave me a lecture ahead of time that for safety reasons I had to make sure that I listened to all of Aunt Anne's instructions very closely. Doesn't my mom get it? I usually listen to other adults... it's my parents I choose to ignore. Anyway, I got to help steer the sailboat and that was pretty neat.
And speaking of boats, I LOVE Pa's motorboat!! Grandpa Chip has a pretty fantastic boat too, but mom didn't get any photos of me in it this year. Right before we left the lake to go back to Lansing we got one last boat ride and it was a FAST one!
Other watercraft I enjoy are jet skis. Grandma took me on a ride with my second cousin Cooper. It's something of an annual tradition.
Vacation wasn't all water sports and splashing around. My parents took us to the MSU Museum in East Lansing. Mom said something about the museum being smaller than she remembered it, but I thought it was plenty big. Oooh, a display on ancient kinds of money. Fascinating!
There was a special exhibit on masks. I was a little surprised (and a tad nervous) about seeing a real Darth Vader mask. I wouldn't let my mom take my picture with it.
I hear there are bears in Michigan but I didn't think they'd be THIS BIG!
And what's better than ice cream for lunch? I can thank my Grandma for convincing my parents that a trip to the MSU Dairy Store for lunch was appropriate on vacation. Hee hee!
No comments:
Post a Comment