Monday, August 29, 2011

The beginning of the end

My mom and I still owe you a post about the rest of our summer, but right now we are busy with other obligations... HOMEWORK. I guess the first week of school was just about getting acclimated. Now we are getting serious. It looks like I'll have homework assignments every night! Geez! The good thing is that our assignments should only take about 10-20 minutes a day. Thankfully I have my mom and dad to help make sure I get through everything.


It all looks pretty organized. They gave us a chart to make sure we track that I'm studying my sight words, math and reading requirements each day. Whew. I get a little tired just thinking about it all. Come on - I'm only 6!


There was something we read about timed math tests that will happen later in the year. Tests?!?! Thankfully I find these math problems pretty easy (as long as I pay close enough attention to whether it is a + or - problem I get them almost all right).


This week I already know all of the sight words so that is cool. I'm supposed to read or be read to for 20 minutes each day. Thankfully the time that Dad reads me the Hardy Boys before bed can count towards this! Now I'm just wondering if I'll EVER have enough free time to play with all of these academic responsibilities.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails