Thursday, August 18, 2011

1st Day of 1st Grade


Big news around here. I started 1st grade yesterday! Mom and I were up early and she was nice enough to make blueberry muffins to start the day off right. Soon enough I was dressed and ready for the day. A lot is different about 1st grade. I'm at school ALL DAY (8:30-2:30) which is kind of a bummer because I miss having tons of time to play with my stuff at home. But this also means that I have more time at school to have fun with my friends. I guess it is almost a fair trade.

My dad made plans to be around to get me off to my first day of school. It was nice to have my whole family there to get me to my classroom. 



I take my lunch and a snack to school everyday and I hear that soon I'll have homework to put in my bag too. Ugh! Anyway, the first thing I need to do is find a place to hang up my bag.


And now I'm ready for my first look at room 5! Pretty exciting. I already know a couple of kids in my class so I'm not nervous. 


Things look pretty good around here. I need to find my cubby... 




Hey look! My own desk!! I forgot that in 1st grade we get assigned desks. This is really neat and there is even a box of supplies already here. Very cool. I'm also sitting at a group of desks and I know the other 3 boys. This is going to be great. 


At the end of the day I reported back to my mom that things went well in 1st grade. I got a minor bump on the head when my friend and I had a small collision. The teacher told my mom that I seem like a pretty tough kid. We had lunch, recess, hunted for our class mascot and just spent time learning the ropes around here. And at the end of the day we were treated to SNOW CONES! Is every day of 1st grade like this? No? Bummer. 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails